Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

no more then 15psi???

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SuperMario 
#1 ·
I have a neon srt4 with a manual boost controller. Went to turn up the boost a little one day and nothing.. according to the gauge I'm still running only 15psi. Why did it not change?

#3 ·
Yeah its a factory wastegate as far as I know. The owner before me said he has ran 18psi max. But I have a buddy running 23 on a stock car. So that's what is trowing me off and the controller is a turboxs. It seems to pull harder but gauge doesn't move from 15. But I'm pulling about 23 vacuum. And have another question. Car is picky about 3rd gear. It will work fine for days. But one day it will decide not to work. I have been told its the shift selector or the linkages. What would be my best bet on that?

#4 ·
1st your buddy is an idiot if its "stock". lol.
2nd...I dont remember much about mbc's and stock wgas. Its been a while. Google it. As for the 3rd gear...its a common problem on these cars. First preventative maint would be to pull up your center console...loosen the bolt on the shifter...put in 3rd gear and then tighten the bolt. You should probably also adjust the clutch pedal by loosening the bolt...pulling the pedal up all the way and then retighten.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.