Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

FM=FTL

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Infamous Srt 
#1 ·
So as some of you know, my motor blew at the beginning of January. Not sure why, nobody has told me yet. Anyways, so my car gets towed to a shop my family has used for years.. While it was there, I started looking for a place to buy a motor. So the toss up was between DCR and FM. DCR was really a lot of money, just a little too much... So I ended up going with FM. After I ordered the motor to be machined, I told them instead of shipping the motor to this shop, to come pick up my car and bring it there (NJ to DE). Reasoning was that I have followed FM for a long time, and I know they know srt-4s.. So instead of somebody who has never touched an srt working on MY car, FM can do it. Cool, so I did it. I was told numerous times that my car was being worked on when it wasn't even started on yet. Another time when my father called, they said they were getting ready to put the new motor in, when 3-4 days later I call to ask how it was going and they didn't even get my old motor out yet. My mother was also told that the shop they had picked up my car from, didn't look like they were able to even do the job. Which was quite disrespectful. Also, while my car was there, with a number of other cars around it, my car was broken into. Whoever did it, flexed the door open far enough to unlock it. Stole my radio (which was a $700 pioneer dvd player), a boost gauge from my center console, and all my silver change. Funniest thing was that the radio was unplugged. No ripped apart dash, no scratches, nothing broken. Well they creased my door right above the mirror, and the molding is not flush with the door above the door handle anymore. They called me and said somebody had broken in. But my car was the only one touched. There were other srt's, nicer srt's right by mine and mine was the only one messed with?... Mike said he would handle everything.. Not really. All together I spent around 6-7k with them. You think they would try and settle everything right away with me?? Nooo.. They sent me a radio, but it took them about 2 1/2 weeks to get that radio to me. And I went out of my way to get estimates on my door from 2 different body shops. Mike's not interested in either of them. He wants to send me a door already painted and said "this paint doesn't really fade, its easy to match". Which is just stupid. It's almost May and still, NOTHING for MY CAR being BROKEN INTO on HIS PROPERTY. Wasn't my fault my car was broken into. Maybe it wasn't their fault either... But it happened there. And they should take responsibility for it right away, not weeks later.

When I got my car back, frayed throttle cable, weird idle problem and a few other minor inconveniences have made themselves known.. I just don't know...

All in all, between me calling, my mother calling, and my father calling.. I have yet to receive anything promising. Everytime any one of us calls its always the same thing... "We will try and get that out to you by Mon.....Tues.....Wed...." And the time frame they give me is always wrong or not true....same thing with calls back from them... never when they say they will. All I can say is, they lost me as a customer forever. And it came to this.

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks, i hope so too man... hope so too. i think i have been more than patient. the only reason why my parents called instead of me was i just wouldn't be able to keep my cool if heard another negative thing.. at the start of all this i was nothing but nice.. couldn't be nasty, or persistent in a "now" kind of way lol..

just sucks dude.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear about this TJ esp FM, they have seemed to be a good vendor-shop and have a good rep everywhere. I hope Mike+ Scott will take care of you down there, it would be a shame if they don't. Hopefully everything turns out in your favor..

#6 ·
thanks man.. they are good guys... they are just dragging their feet with this though.. and mike says one thing and does another...all the time.

Deleware isnt that hard to get to. Drive (if the car is trustworthy) down there and argue tooth and nail to get it repaired. While your at it, call the police and get a police report made regarding the theft. The reason they dont want to pay for it is due to their insurance deductible. if they claim a theft on their property, their premium will go up.
thats what i was going to do.. but low and behold, the check arrives in the mail today from them to fix my door lol.. so,

problem solved.

just watch when you take your cars to them to be left there..

#5 ·
Deleware isnt that hard to get to. Drive (if the car is trustworthy) down there and argue tooth and nail to get it repaired. While your at it, call the police and get a police report made regarding the theft. The reason they dont want to pay for it is due to their insurance deductible. if they claim a theft on their property, their premium will go up.

#7 ·
well i am glad everything worked out for you but not to sound like a dick not sure if this works the same way as the dealer but most if not all dealership work this way if your car gets broken into or stolen stuff out of it they are not at fault of having your car there i know this sounds messed up but its how the system works the last two dealership i worked for are like this so really they dont have to pay for anything since you signed a paper if you read the fine print it says it in there but like i said i don't know if thats how there works

#8 ·
never signed a paper to bring my car there.. I told them to send me a fax saying when they would be able to pick up the car, and how much the motor will be. Thats the only piece of paper I received from them. The next piece of paper I received was the receipt for labor when I went there to pick it up....and I had him write that they owed me a radio and work to fix my door. And your not sounding like a dick at all.. It's useful info and I will remember that now so, thank you :)

#9 ·
anytime plus i know they where doing what they could for you because i order some parts from them and they where telling me about what happened didnt know it was you put i told them to put my stuff on hold to do what they had to for who ever car it was to get that settled so im glad everything worked out for you but jsut sayin they are still a great vendor because most would of told you to go screw off so im glad they took care of you btw what motor did you get if you dont mind me asking ?

#10 ·
thank you.. and they are a great vender, i just wish they hadn't lied to me and ran me around for so long.. and the motor i got was the Enforcer 1 short block, also got a stock head from them. runs great so far, except for the minor shit i have to take care of before i can even boost it.. something is still screwed up with my idle.. i ordered an IAC rewire plus the tps rewire (again).. so we will see what happens.. and i finally made a boost leak tester.. so i'll be able to see if there are any leaks whatsoever..

ps; heard your the man for parts lol.. could you price me out a belt tensioner? this squeak will not go away at all... thanks man

#11 ·
anytime im lookin into there short block now just in case also check the o ring inside the iac motor but what was happening with my car the idle would hang up but my o ring inside the iac motor was broken causing the leak if your having an idling issue just check the wiring or if you can check the voltage going to the tps tell you right away if the tps is bad or its the wiring....well the tensioner would be 115 but my cost is 65 and the belt is 10 bux if you need it might have to order the tensioner would be here the tuesday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.