Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

Who here HAS the DSP?

13K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  TQSTR05 
#1 ·
This isn't an opinion thread.
I'm looking for feedback from people who own the tuner.

How complicated is it? How helpful is Diablo?
Is there a forum you frequent where you can discuss tuning w/o it turning into chaos?
Can you tune staged PCM's? Can you make the stock PCM just as efficient as a stage pcm from Mopar?
How far can you take the DSP before you need a full on piggyback system?

#3 ·
Cool, thanks. I'm almost 100% sure on getting it. But I'm finding (amazingly enough) that the other forum won't answer simple questions.
I guess in order to get a question answered you need 14 mods to break into the 13's and 1,000 posts.

#8 ·
This isn't an opinion thread.
I'm looking for feedback from people who own the tuner.
How complicated is it? Not very complicated if you've worked with a complete tuning system previouslyHow helpful is Diablo? Very helpful as it's being compared to a full on EMS for about half the price if not cheaper.
Is there a forum you frequent where you can discuss tuning w/o it turning into chaos?No such forum exists. There will always be postwhores no matter where you go. It's the circle of life. :rofl:
Can you tune staged PCM's? YesCan you make the stock PCM just as efficient as a stage pcm from Mopar?You can make it better. I think they even recommend using it on the stock pcm over a staged one.
How far can you take the DSP before you need a full on piggyback system?As far as you want/need it to.
:readclose

#9 · (Edited)
diablo seems awsome i just got mine yesterday.
it is very easy to use. i just plugged it in without using the manual and i already understand how to use it.

there is the dsp work group on forums, but you have to do ALOT of searching to find the answers you are looking for. there is also a DSP wiki. i will have to find the like but it was not that much better than forums. the threads dont really turn into chaos because most people stay out of that section if they dont have dsp.

yes, you can tune staged pcm. however there is really no reason to keep a staged pcm from what i have read. some people keep it for DAP or **** Mode w/ s2 and s3, but you can pretty much do the same thing with DSP and stock pcm (pcm controlled boost and race tune). personally i traded my s2w/toys pcm for the DSP

you will never need a piggyback with the DSP. it has full control of every aspect of the pcm (timing, fuel, sensor sensitivity, etc.)

the only problem i have found is the lack of tuners. there are only like 4 or 5 vendors tuning them through canned tunes on forums and 3 or 4 of them i would NEVER get a tune from. tunes are priced weird too. i know one place is $80 for a tune. even if it is not perfect. if you want an adjustment it is another $80. another place charges $200 for a tune and you can have it adjusted as many times as you want. there is also nobody local currently tuning the srt-4 with dsp. i know there is a place in conn. call janeity racing? and they charge $3-- for a canned tune or $5-- for a dyno tune. but they are worth it from what i read

oh and there is about a 6 week wait for any of the vendors to send a tune

#12 ·
Ok, wait. Now I'm confused.
If I can tune every aspect... why would I need a tune from a vendor? There is no WAY in hell I'd ever let a mail order tune touch any one of my cars.
Christ I'd put my car on jack stands and tune it before I do that.

If all this is is a transfer box (like hypertech) then I am def not interested. If it's the equivalent to HP tuners then I am interested.

My goals for the car to see what I can do with a stockish car. I'm not doing a 60trim or anything ever.

#17 ·
yea, but that's alot of dough for tuning a stock PCM that will never see more then the stock turbo can provide.

What are they like 3K for the piggyback? (keep in mind I'm used to the LSX which is $400, logs everything, and you can tune to your hearts content).

Ok let me rephrase this:
2003 SRT-4, will never see an aftermarket turbo. Just want something to make the care more efficient as I know there is more in her. What do I use? Car will never see more then maybe bolt ons.

#19 ·
But that's basically like getting stage 1 right? Sorry I feel like an idiot asking these questions, but there is no clear answers anywhere.

One thread will say you can track knock and add timing.
Then another thread says a guy has questions about the tune he's sent out.

At what point do you have to send out for a tune after you install the 93 octane tune?

#20 ·
yeah the dsp comes with a tune. 93 oct tune. i think ems is like 1500 or something like that. and the sct with the software is like $900+. and the sct cant tune on the fly. have to tune, make a pull, go to laptop, make changes, then reflash pcm every time

#22 ·
i think stock turbo, and no crazy mods. just throw on dsp and you will be fine with the 93 oct tune. dont think you need a custom tune unless you are running 650cc injectors or bigger and or big turbo. i believe you can adjust the parameters up and down by 10%. which is more than enough being stock turbo and injectors

#26 ·
I got my answer.
Basically the Predator is like buying stage 1. You can tinker with it, but not too much.
Anything beyond the capabilities of S1 you need a reflash from a DSP dealer.

So for about a $100 difference I get an injector upgrade.
Bah, I can't make up my mind.

#27 ·
I got my answer.
Basically the Predator is like buying stage 1. You can tinker with it, but not too much.
Anything beyond the capabilities of S1 you need a reflash from a DSP dealer.
So for about a $100 difference I get an injector upgrade.
Bah, I can't make up my mind.
its not like a stage1 ..i dont know why anyone would even say that. even with a 93 octane tune you can still add and remove both fuel and timing.the only thing that will change is if you start changing injectors or other stuff you will need a custom tune to compensate for the proper injector phasing or to compnsate for ve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.