Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

Winter Tire Thread

13K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  Evolution IX 
#1 ·
So I saw this thread on the last site that was really good, but now that I'm actually thinking of buying winter tires/snow tires it's gone.

What are makes and models for reliable tires to drive the SRT-4 in snow/ice?

15 inch steely's? What does the steely mean? Man, this is some cold weather already.

#28 · (Edited)
#29 ·
Correct Speed Rating for winter tires...

can't stress this enuff...! :bash:
lookit !

#32 ·
You guys have your winter tires on yet...?
Bet the boys in chicago wish they did...:rolleyes:

#34 ·
Whats better, buying a combo of steel wheels and tires?

Or just buying a set of tires for the stock wheels?

The only problem I see is the repeated mounting and balancing during the change of seasons to put on summer / winter tires.

BTW What size steel wheels and tires fit without any problems? Im talking about full lock and no rubbing or issues?

#37 · (Edited)
ditto. even though I don't run my SRT in the winter I do run dedicated summer and winter tires on my other car. Helps with tire optimization for conditions as well as using cheap rims that you don't care much about getting scratched,pitted or otherwise marked up from salt, snow and curbs you just can't see from the snow banks when parking (don't ask... Rutgers sometimes doesn't do a good job of plowing their lots.)

Oh and one other thing... REGARDLESS of what tires you run PLEASE, SLOW DOWN AND TAKE IT EASY when the weather gets unpleasant. These cars have an annoying tendency of getting squirelly at the slightest provocation when traction is compromised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.