Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

Back from Watkins Glen...(2008)

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  NYYDYNASTY 
#1 · (Edited)
Well folks,

Just came back from a safe and fun filled two days at the Glen. For me, this was my first two track days of the year. Day one had rain similar to the weather we had down here. I had an instructor the very first session to show me the rain line, and once I got cooking...I started to pass some people.

Attached are some photos from the garage:

This is a Diasio, with an Rx8 motor, the new M3, and a Nismo Z - (which is in the guardrail later---> watch my movies!) :emb:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)
Now for the fun stuff. First day was wet. I got an instructor to re-aquaint myself with the track again since a year ago, and also to show me the rain line.
The fastest I got out of the car in wet, was about 120mph before the bus stop. I like the RT215's that I ran...very stable and predictable tire.

Here is a (long 7:23 min) movie of a couple laps in the rain. I passed some of the RWD cars. The instructor was cool and though I was driving an AWD car.

Movies (unfortunately-you must DL and view)

Day one, session one-in rain

This following was a great session. My confidence in the tires and handling in the rain improved. I started like 4-5 cars back behind this Subaru and eventually caught him. Here is a (2:28) portion of the entire session. If you want to see it from beginning to end let me know!

Day one, session three

#5 · (Edited)
No. It was not Nasa.

Links are also updated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.