Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

Power Steering Gone Part II!!

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Screamin Demon 
#1 ·
Original Thread

Here is the update.

The accesory belt is extremely loose. The belt is on all the pulleys, but has about 3-4 inches of play in it. I think the tensioner needs to be tightened up. I think when the MM can off, it through that out of whack. MM is back on, belt is back on, but has alot of play.

Does anyone have a how too on tightening the belt up? If so, could you forward it to me.

Thanks

Brian

#2 ·
Screamin Demon said:
Original Thread

Here is the update.

The accesory belt is extremely loose. The belt is on all the pulleys, but has about 3-4 inches of play in it. I think the tensioner needs to be tightened up. I think when the MM can off, it through that out of whack. MM is back on, belt is back on, but has alot of play.

Does anyone have a how too on tightening the belt up? If so, could you forward it to me.

Thanks

Brian
Update***

The tensioner assembly is shot, from what I don't know. The belt had heated up and is way to big to put back on. Getting a new assembly in the morning and belt and having a local guy install it for me. Gonna cost me about 200 bucks for labor, parts and everything. Not bad if you ask me.

Now I have to get my nitrous fixed. :eviltongu

#9 · (Edited)
never2muchboost said:
that is an automatic tensioner and there is no way to adjust it are you sure you are routing the belt correctly?
I am pretty sure, there are 3 pulleys, and the tensioner. Crank pulley, power steering pulley, a/c pulley and the tensioner.

The drawing kinda sucks, but thats all I have. Tell me if the belt was put back on the wrong way. I am having the tensioner assembly replaced, as well as a new belt, so we'll see if thats the problem.

*EDIT* We'll I have a drawing, but no way to put it on the internet. Basically the belt wraps around the crank pulley, travels up to the power steering pulley, around and back to the tensioner, around and back to the a/c pulley, then to the crank pulley.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.