Dodge SRT4 Forums - SRT4mation banner

Me driving Pocono

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  DrEdSrT4 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hey Howard this is great stuff! Vid #6, those camaros were taking you on the straights but in the twisties they were no match.... # 8 ya wiped out a little bit haha. We should do a local SRT-4 meet with something like this or maybe an autocross meet. At the SRT Nationals they do this but that's too far away to be breakin' parts.

#3 ·
Hey Rob-its too bad the general interest level doesn't go past 1320 feet amongst this community. Who knows-that might change in the future.
The easiest, least cost is to get a few people to attend an autox-which is a lot of fun. It would be neat to compare times vs. different suspension setups and overall driver skill/experience.
The track requires planning and a decent budget-but it's the most fun.

#4 ·
Id make a trip to get on a track. I'd rather go on a track than on a strip. Anybody can go in a straight line. I have a stock srt too it would be fun to see how much she could take.

#5 ·
Would it even be worth taking a stock srt to a track its kinda spongey but i think i could handle it. Wouldnt be keeping up with you thats for damn sure. Whatd'a think h?

#6 · (Edited)
Rinko said:
Id make a trip to get on a track. I'd rather go on a track than on a strip. Anybody can go in a straight line. I have a stock srt too it would be fun to see how much she could take.
I agree with you completely.
Rinko said:
Would it even be worth taking a stock srt to a track its kinda spongey but i think i could handle it. Wouldnt be keeping up with you thats for damn sure. Whatd'a think h?
Mine is stock too, except for sways/strut bars & tension struts and brake pads. The car comes from the factory w/pretty good stats: .85g on skidpad, and enough HP for most people. So I say it's absolutely worth taking it to the track as am opportunity to LEARN YOUR OWN CAR-and it's limits.

This is currently my limit

Never mind keeping up with me, just worry about all your steering & braking inputs-to develop your overall skill. Work on your line, sight, hands & feet and speed will come. Pay attention to your instructor for any input s/he might have for you: safety FIRST...and most of all HAVE FUN!

(If you would like more information-or just to discuss please PM me) :)

If you're interested-I'm going to New Hampshire International Speedway in late OCTOBER (johnnyfive-is also going): http://www.srt-4mation.com/showthread.php?t=334

#8 ·
I did not see it. I only went once this year...it's a fast track, but very flat, less technical.

#11 · (Edited)
Sorry Dan, but I rec'd a request to clear vids-because of need for server space. Just PM me the name of the vid, and I can send you an email or next time I see you hand you a CD w/original, large, quality .avi format.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.